Wednesday 20 December 2006

PauL Casey

I was lucky enough to be present at the Ryder CUp at the K Club this year and had a fantastic time with some pretty awe inspiring perfomances.

One guy who stood out for me was Paul Casey. The Englishman has just been voted European Tour player of the year and also won shot of the year. He was pipped to the Order of Merit title by Padraig Harrington. My main memory of the Ryder Cup (apart from the hospitality of people from the K Club Carton House et al) was of the last days singles. Casey had just won his match on the 17th and a buggy drew up to carry him back to watch the other matches. He went behind the buggy after noticing a small boy in a wheelchair behind the green. Casey spent 5 minutes chatting and then signed everything he wanted before going back to his team mates. It was a great touch from a genuine sportsman and I am personally delighted he took the award.

Nearly Christmas, and thinking of potential trips to Ireland and Lisbon over the next couple of months.

Its my Birthday today so I'll raise a glass of vino to you all.

No comments: